Leaf removal is a significant piece of the landscaping process because settling leaves can harm your grass. We encourage leaf removal because we want each of our clients to have a healthy, green lawn. Today we’ll discuss leaf removal and using it your leverage.
The Advantages of Leaf Removal
- Air Supply Facilitation: When layers of leaves settle on a lawn, they hinder air from getting to the grass and soil below them. This blockage can cause yards to stifle. As a result, dead patches turn up during the spring.
- Disease Prevention: Trusting a landscaping company like us to remove leaves from your landscape, means that diseases can stop as well as root infiltration. When you don’t remove leaves, dew and dampness may create dark environments where mold and bacteria can form, take over, and destroy grass blades.
- New Grass Protection: If your lawn has newly-seeded grass, then it needs extra sunlight for the grass to thrive. Leaves can block sun rays, and new seedlings have the potential of dying before the spring season comes.
- Insect Reduction: Insects, like people, look for a warm place to call their own during the winter. Leaf piles are where you find insects and their eggs. Removing leaves can help keep the irritating insects away. Fewer insects matter because pesky bugs bore holes in trees, cause diseases in plants, and kill plant life.
- Winter Frost Protection: Did you know that it’s possible to turn leaves into mulch? Mulch is known for protecting flower beds and landscapes from winter frost. Mulch also serves as an aerated layer that keeps a landscape healthy during the colder months.
Are you interested in leaf removal? Then give us a call.
LANDSCAPE DESIGNS WITH HONEYSUCKLE NURSERY AND DESIGN
At Honeysuckle Nursery and Design, you will get construction and maintenance crews on site who have a minimum of 10 years of experience in all types of landscaping and hardscaping. Our designers will work closely with you to understand how you want to use your space so that we can make the most of your entire site. We are committed to providing complete customer satisfaction and will work with you along every step of the way to be sure that you are happy with your new trees. Please be sure to visit our gallery page for unique, creative designs and inspiration!
Whether you live in Anne Arundel or Howard Counties, we can help you experience your dream space in Annapolis, Davidsonville, Millersville, Ellicott City, Clarksville, Columbia, and surrounding areas. We specialize in Landscape Design & Maintenance, Swimming Pools, Hardscape, and Natural Stone, Water Features, Outdoor Living Spaces and more! Dream, Create, Experience with Honeysuckle Nursery & Design by calling 410-849-5119 or email us to schedule your free no-obligation estimate today. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Houzz, and YouTube!